The Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) Responsible Care® Awards are designed to honor companies and individuals that have demonstrated leadership and outstanding performance in the implementation and execution of the Responsible Care® program over a period of two years prior to the award submission. Through this award series, GPCA provides its member companies and other industry stakeholders with an opportunity to showcase their achievements in the field of Responsible Care®, while sharing best practice and adding value to their business.
The second edition of gpca responsible care awards will be featuring six different award categories for best initiative or project
Occupational health safety and security award
Nominations must be in the domain of occupational safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene, and security.
This award will distinguish the best process or management effort to significantly reduce the risk of tier I (highest severity) process safety events as defined by GPCA PM guidance document.
Environment and resource utilization award
This category will recognize best efforts emissions waste reduction as well as efficient utilization of natural resources including energy.
Product stewardship award
This award category will highlight any unique initiative that has improved Product Stewardship and Chemical Management across the chemical value chain.
The Rising Star award category will recognize a young employee of GPCA full member Company (less than 30 years of age at the time of nomination), who has demonstrated exceptional performance in Responsible Care.
LSP Responsible Care award
This award is to recognize the efforts of our logistic services providers to uplift the Responsible Care in the region with demonstrated benefits to workforce and public.
General criteria for nomination
- Full member companies can submit maximum one entry in each award category.
- Performance Metrics Report for the last 3 years (2015 – 2017).
- Candidates must have had no fatalities for two years prior to award submission (2015-2017) *Companies with fatalities can apply for Rising Star Award only.
- Candidates must be authorized by GPCA (full member companies) to use the RC logo.
- Each full member shall be provided with link to upload the entries during first week of January and members can upload the nominations from 10 January 2018 to 10 February 2018.
- Applicable entry fee for each award entry of 500 AED.
To qualify for any an award, candidates must demonstrate or provide evidence of the below requirements:
- Initiative – why it is unique.
- Codes of Management Practices applicability (GPCA-RC CoMP).
- Explain which Performance Metric are directly affected related to the initiative giving evidence of improvements & PM data for at least two consecutive years showing improvement).
- Transferability Give a brief how easy it is to transfer and replicate the project/initiative within wider RC Community).
- Sustainability (Provide brief description how this initiative can sustain).
- Direct/Indirect positive link to UN Sustainable Goals.
Winners of the each of five categories will receive
- The GPCA Responsible Care Awards trophy.
- An award winner’s certificate.
- Publicity in the GPCA publications with the awardee company’s details.
- Advertisement with a short company profile in GPCA’s periodical publications.
- Feature on the awards’ website with company profile and link.